Tuesday, September 13, 2011

family tree...

Obviously one of the most important factors of DIY projects is keeping the costs down, also important when planning wedding decorations.  Below is a project I did for Allie and Jeff's wedding that was easy and cheap (like pretty much free)!
Start with a palette, the older the better in my opinion. Cost: Free
Remove all unwanted materials, I think leaving the middle pieces would add even more character.
Even out the frame and reinforce if needed... project is still free at this point!
 Add and secure chicken wire across frames back side, this does not need to be pretty because it won't be seen from the front. chicken wire: in my case free, I found this roll in a dumpster.  Non-dumpster price $1.00/yard
I stained this frame (not necessary) to match some of the other wedding decor.  Then I painted a wedding saying across the top.


The finished product, clothes pins ($5.00/pack of 20) hold up family wedding photos.  This was a fun way to display photos but could be re-purposed in so many ways... seating charts, allow guests to pin up song requests, hang in in your kitchen to hang important mail and lists, and a smaller version would make a perfect jewelry display.  The total cost of this project was under $7.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...