Sunday, June 5, 2011

the best things in life are...FREE

I have put a new spin on "dumpster diver"; proving it's true, the best things in life are free. This is going to be a regular post about things I find, fix, freshen and put to work. 


As a newish home owner, my motto has become, "it never hurts to ask.” especially when it comes to free goodies. I found these wooden spools at an industrial park; their original purpose was to hold large amounts of electrical wire.  I asked if I could take some home, and the kind owners were happy to let me have them (I saved them having to dispose of these heavy duty beauties).

The options are endless, but the first set of spools has been transformed into some planter stands.
So simple, but they add impact to my patio!  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...