Tuesday, June 14, 2011

so easy...

I can do it! This will be a regular post where I take inspiration and turn it into a decorating do-it-yourself!


I'm obsessed with wreaths, they are consistently part of my party decor and seasonal flair.
My inspiration from The Wright House...


My first attempt, was a paparazzi wreath. It is made entirely of gossip magazines (the perfect excuse for subscribing to US Weekly). It is currently hanging next to the front door.
Next I tried the paper puff type, and it turned out so cute; it is truly perfect for any occasion. I used this one for a recent baby shower, but it has now been moved into my guest room.

The trick to both these wreaths was a simple Styrofoam ring from Michaels’. I used a hot glue gun and floral wire.  For me, there was no step-by-step, I just started smooshing, cramming, sticking and pulling… you can’t go wrong. Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. If smooshing and cramming is all it takes, I may have to try this sometime. Hope it turns out as lovely as your wreaths :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...