Tuesday, June 14, 2011

rusty boxes...

Often when I am out garage saleing or thrifting and I see a “must have piece” and at that moment I know exactly what I’m going to do with it.  This was not the case with these two metal boxes.  I found them at an Estate Sale, in the basement, and at 5 bucks each I thought they were a steal.  Once I got them home I realized they were very old Navy boat boxes… they have a lot of character!
These will make perfect planters once I do some slight modifications.
I drilled some holes for extra drainage, using a heavy duty drill bit.

Add rock, gravel and drainage cloth. This also anchors the trellis in place.
Add potting soil, plants and some sun loving herbs. Climbing plants for the trellises coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...