Monday, June 20, 2011

chalkboard paint...

Anyone who has taken a look around the home improvement blogosphere knows how popular chalkboard paint has become.  You will see projects ranging from painted walls, appliances, furniture and even floors covered in the stuff.  In this edition of “So Easy…” my inspiration is from Restoration Hardware (pictured below) and is expensive at $499.00. WOW!! Can I pull it off?
I was off to a rough start...

A thin piece of 1/4 inch plywood for $8.00, add chalkboard paint with a small roller (3 coats) from your local hardware store.
Dad added some simple left over mill work (free!).  I liked the white washed "stain", so I left it.
Final touches include stencil stickers from TJ Maxx (I have to say, I was not a true believer in these until they were on the wall.  Sometimes they look cheap, but these are perfect and for $4.99 I take them down at any time) and a cute seasonal note!  How did I do for just under $20? Comment or leave pictures of your own chalkboard projects.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...