Tuesday, August 2, 2011

your zebra is showing...

Are striped walls a passing fad? I personally don't think so, they can be traditional or funky.  Stripes add interesting detail to a room when you are low on funds, although getting them just right can be time consuming.  Trust me, this is a project you don't want to rush...

I chose vertical stripes, something you don't see too often.  My guest room is small so making it feel spacious, not overwhelming was important.  Another important aspect to making the room feel larger was picking complimentary colors (again, my picture does not do a great job of showcasing this) but the soft white and light neonish (technical term) green play off each-other thus the effect is not jarring (still bright of course)!
After two coats of paint, it is important to let the it dry completely (patience is a virtue), overnight if possible.  If you remove the painters tape to soon your lines will flake, not good.

This room is far from complete (I actually have some new lamps to show you guys, I am in desperate need of the right shades) but the stripes were a good start.  Has anyone else been striping?  Check out a few of my favorites below.
image via Gold Standard Finishes, I die... black and white is so dramatic.
Anything from Abode Love is always outstanding.  Maybe I need a picture grouping of some sort behind the daybed? Please leave your comments or pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...